Friday, May 22, 2015 Peter Comes Home Today

Woke up:                     La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico

Went to sleep:            La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, Mexico

Peter Comes Home Today

Finally, Peter comes home from Oregon today.  It has been a very long three weeks.  I don’t believe I can even remember back to when he was last here.  I had to pull up a couple of pictures to make sure I would recognize him at the airport tonight.

Oh, yes.  I remember.

How cute is that!

Peter at the helm

Peter at the helm

So much has happened.

Robin and Lynda were here for 13 days.  We did and saw so many things together.  Things I’ve been too busy to even tell you about.

On Mother’s Day, my sisters moved my mom into an Independent Living Facility.  It was very sad for me to think I cannot go home again.  Soon, my mom’s house will belong to someone else.  It broke my heart for me and for her.

But, she has adapted to the new place amazingly well.  She had been there only one week when she began to organize a bridge group!

I hired a man to clean Penelope.  He spent two days on the stainless steel.  He said to me, “When I bid this job I didn’t look carefully at how much stainless steel there is!”  Then, he spent another three days washing, buffing, polishing and waxing everything fiberglass.  She sparkles.

Penelope sparkles

She sparkles

Penelope Gierga

Penelope Gierga

I wrote a 3,000 word essay entitled Living on the Hook, recounting the five continuous months Peter and I lived at anchor.  I am working with my editor, Carol, and hope to have it published in the future.

I’ve been in the Marina de la Cruz for three weeks.  There is no movement of the boat and the showers are very close but I am ready to get back on the water.  We’ll leave here Monday.

Over the next few weeks we’ll make our way 1,000 miles back up the outside of the Baja Peninsula to San Diego.  As you know, I had mixed emotions about back tracking but now I am looking forward to it.  Closer to friends and family, able to get a job if I want, English speaking people, and NOT 103 degrees F.

It has gotten very hot here in the last three weeks.  Peter is NOT going to like it.  Between 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm all I can do is lay on the couch in front of three fans and sweat.

I will be so grateful to have all the responsibility of this great big boat off my shoulders.  I was very lucky while Peter was gone.  Nothing broke.  But, things break all the time and without Peter we would be sunk.  Hurry home, honey!

About Susan M. Gierga

Everyone already knows everything there is to know about me. I wear my heart on my sleeve. To learn current details. Visit my blog, CruisingwithCaptainPeterandtheAdmiral.
This entry was posted in Travel Log. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s